Corrective Dentistry for Taking Back Your Smile
Dental implants are a revolutionary permanent solution that can transform your smile’s look, feel, and overall health. At our Dallas Dental Implants in Irving, Texas, we offer full bridge replacements (all on 4 dental implants) or single dental implants to accommodate patients with varying needs.
Dr. Luciano Retana is a highly trained board-certified professional in the field of Implant Dentistry and Oral Rehabilitation. His skills, experience, and knowledge are all you need to have comprehensive dental implant treatment.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots, or titanium screws, that are then surgically inserted into the jaw. These artificial roots provide a permanent base for replacement teeth.
Dental implants typically have three parts:
- The implant: A screw used as the artificial root for your new teeth that permanently fuses to your jaw.
- The abutment: A connector that holds a tooth to the implant.
- The crown (or prosthetic tooth): Your new tooth, which is usually made of zirconium or porcelain for durability and good looks. Ask about XircOn Ultimate, which looks and feels more natural than any other product on the market.
Compared to crowns, bridges, and dentures, dental implants are a popular and effective long-term solution for missing teeth or people having chronic dental problems. Because they fit and function like natural teeth, dental implants quickly become a new standard in tooth replacement read here.
Dental implants feel entirely comfortable and secure because of the titanium implant that eventually fuses to the living bone cells of the jaw. This bonding or fusing process is called osseointegration.
The implant fuses with the bone and forms a solid and durable anchor for your new teeth. This means there’s no slippage or other movement of the tooth. There are no problems with eating, no need to repair them regularly, and no more worrying about flashing that big beautiful smile.
Dr. Luciano and his team will ensure you are comfortable and relaxed during the procedure to insert single or multiple dental implants as required.
As osseointegration occurs, new bone cells grow on the specially treated implant post, fusing it firmly in place until it becomes firm, stable, and able to support a new tooth. Full osseointegration healing time may take anywhere from two to six months.
When the implants have fully fused with the jawbone, Dr Luciano Retana will attach an abutment to the implant post. An abutment is the metal part that serves as a base for the crown. It is a connector with one end attached to your jawbone, while the crown fits on the other end. The abutment rises above the gum line and supports the crown.
The final step in your smile restoration is attaching the crown, carefully designed to restore appearance and function. Once in place, your new teeth should feel instantly comfortable and natural.
Dental implants can replace one tooth, multiple teeth, or a complete upper and lower new set of teeth. If an entire arch needs restoring, you may be a perfect candidate for the full mouth treatment called All on-4 dental implant. Surgeons place four implant posts and then attach a full arch of teeth, giving the procedure its name. Call our office, Dallas Dental Implants for more information on All on 4 implants in Irving, Texas.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants are the gold standard for replacing missing teeth. Anyone missing teeth understands that they sacrifice confidence and the ability to smile and laugh without covering their mouths in shame. The most obvious of benefits is the ability for greater enjoyment of life. But the benefits go far beyond this:
- Improved appearance and overall self-esteem: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth because they permanently fuse with the bone. They give you back your smile and help you feel confident in yourself.
- Improved speech: With dentures, the teeth can slip and slide in the mouth, causing slurring or mumbling. With dental implants, you speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort and convenience: Because they become part of you, there is no more embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures or the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
- Easier eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing especially difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without pain. Teeth are supported by stable and robust implant posts that have fused with your jawbone.
- Improved oral health: Dental implants don’t require attachment to other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth don’t support the implant, your original teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
- Durability: Implants are long-lasting and durable. With proper care, they will last many years. Some implants can last a lifetime.
- Stopping bone loss: A natural tooth root provides continual stimulation to the bone surrounding it through force whenever you bite down or chew with that tooth. If the tooth is absent, this stimulation is lost, and the bone recedes. By replacing your tooth root with a dental implant post, stimulation is restored to your jawbone, halting further bone loss.
- Healthy remaining natural teeth: Restoring missing teeth with dental implants protects your remaining teeth by preventing them from moving out of position and maintaining your natural bite.
We guarantee our dental implant procedures from a single tooth implant to full arch restorations. Our Dallas Dental Implants have a success rate of over 98%. We stand behind every smile we provide with a lifetime-guarantee. With maintenance and hygiene appointments, we feel positive to offer our patients a new smile without worries that lasts a lifetime.
Give us a call at our dental implant center to discover if you are a good candidate for our dental implants. We look forward to meeting you!