Implants in Dallas, Texas
HAVING MISSING TEETH IS NOTHING to be ashamed of. Tooth loss has always been quite common throughout history for the elderly and younger individuals alike.
Back in the day, dentists replaced missing teeth with dentures made from a combination of rare hippopotamus ivory, human bone, and metal fasteners. Fortunately, today we have better options.
Missing teeth are not only unhealthy, but they can also impact your overall health and self-esteem. Dental implants help to restore confidence in your smile and keep your mouth healthy.
Dentures vs. Dental Implants in Dallas
Removable dentures are still an excellent tooth replacement method for many people. But today’s technology allows us a better way to replace teeth with dental implants. Take a look at some of their benefits:
- Keeps jaws healthy – Dentures sit on top of your gums, whereas a dental implant is an artificial tooth root surgically places into your jaw, preventing bone loss and gum recession which is a common problem with dentures.
- Provides more significant function – Because of their stability, dental implants restore about 90 percent of chewing function while dentures restore only 20 percent.
- Looks natural – Your new tooth will blend seamlessly with your smile.
- Provides stability – Because the implant fuses to your jaw, it stabilizes full or partial dentures to keep them from moving unexpectedly.
- A long-term solution to tooth loss – If cared for properly, your implant can last a lifetime.
Are dental implants or dentures even necessary?
Confidence definitely takes a hit when missing teeth, but that’s not the only reason to consider dental implants or dentures. Missing teeth can affect health more than you realize.
When the gums are exposed, it’s easy for food and bacteria to get stuck. These lodged food bits and bacteria can lead to nasty infections. Once an infection starts, it is often followed by gum disease, which can be linked to heart disease and diabetes.
Missing teeth affect the jaw structure as well. Your missing tooth’s next-door neighbors may try to fill the gap by shifting inwards. The shifting can have a domino effect with the rest of your teeth leading.
Your jawbone shifts over time as your teeth move, and your mouth structure becomes unstable. This can lead to tooth decay and the loss of even more teeth.
How do dental implants measure up?
Dental implants is a surgical procedure that permanently replaces teeth and has been a popular alternative to dentures over the past few years. While they are more pricey than dentures, they last longer and save you money in the long run. Dental implants lead to fewer dental visits because they’re easier to maintain than dentures.
With a dental implant procedure, you don’t have to worry about them falling out while speaking or laughing in social situations. They are more comfortable and look like natural teeth. If you want to feel like you’ve never lost a tooth in the first place, dental implants are your best option!
Dental implants require good oral health and no sign of periodontal disease. Schedule an appointment at our dental implants center in Dallas, TX, to learn more about our treatment options. Dr. Luciano is specially trained and can answer any of your questions and help you determine if implant dentistry is the right fit for you. Ask about our all on-4 procedure.